The Mene-Tekel Bible Code
Twenty Compelling Marks of Genuineness
Recommended flash visual introduction to this Bible Code
(Back to the introduction to this page)
- The appropriateness of where the bible code is embedded: It is found in a text that is
in-and-of-itself a mysterious encryption, i.e., "The Writing on the Wall"! (Daniel.)
- This demonstrates that God does indeed reveal Himself, at times, in code;
- and that if there are codes in the bible, this is the logical place to look.
- Moreover, some obvious inferences from those words "mene," "tekel," and "parsin"
were left without interpretation; this strongly implies that there is still more
to this writing than what Daniel revealed. (See next for examples.)
- The code answers what scholars have so long puzzled
(concerning 'the writing on the wall'); namely,
- why 3 'coins' (i.e., mene, tekel, peres), but no mention of 'coins' in Daniel's own interpretation?
- why was "mene" repeated twice on the wall, but
interpreted as if written once?
- why is Persia implied in the word "Peres", but not specifically identified in Daniel's interpretation?
- Amazingly, the code itself asks, then answers, the first two riddles for us,
and expands on the third thereby answering it too!
- The code of itself explains:
- The bible code itself emphatically claims to be a divinely encrypted message, ("truly, truly"). In other words, the code speaks in the
same style and manner as the actual surface text, when it records
God's direct words.
Each line of code forms an
acrostic summarizing what its parent code says! This models the main acrostic, formed from the original
Uparsin," which in Hebrew spells,
"The-One-putting-him-to-death." Amazingly, this phrase capsules
Daniel's own interpretation of these same four words!
- The missing two (but allowable) 'mother-vowel' letters in the said
spell, "Jah," which means, "The Lord"---and
Who it is that is "putting him to
Who is being put to death! This holds the key to the
that occurred up until around the time of Christ.
- The bible code contains numerous
word-plays, adding a depth deeper than what mere imagination could induce! Two examples are:
- the Hebrew word for "banner" intends all four of its possible meanings---ultimately implying
the composite meaning of, "the banner of the cross!"
- The strange phrase, "I will be
divided/broken in half," becomes a prophetic word-play for,
"30 shekels of silver" (a divided-mina)---the very price of Jesus' betrayal!
The context further implies, 'the breaking of the bread/manna of His body'!
The code forms a picture of what it proclaims---and labels each picture
- Each pictogram reads at the proper location that is suitable to what it is saying. For example, if the code speaks about being 'exalted to the
right hand'---then it reads thusly at the right hand side of the matrix!
are other pictograms within the surrounding verses of Daniel 5:26-28 that agrees with, and enlarges upon, this mene-tekel code.
- The bible code is a logical interpretation of the actual surface text in which it is embedded! It is not fanciful, but
in accord with how the New Testament might also apply this text of Daniel 5 in the light
of Christ, (Revelation 17-18).
- The interpretation is both an accurate and deep revelation about Jesus Christ, (Revelation 1:1),
consistent with the rest of the bible.
- The message throughout the code finds many striking parallels to what God has said elsewhere
in the plain Scriptures---especially as concerning Babylon! (Isaiah 13-14;
- Note the mysterious cryptograms in the actual plain text of Jer. 25:26; 51:1,
which again proves that at times God speaks in codes.
Moreover, here, again, the theme is 'Babylon's fall'.
The book of Daniel itself speaks about a sealed message (Daniel 8:26; 9:20-27), sealed
numbers (Daniel 12), and a mysterious "Son of Man" who unseals them (7:10-14)---all of which the mene-code addresses specifically!
- The code uses the same Hebrew word for "concealed,"
as found in the above references, three times.
- One such example occurs plainly in the code,
as seen in the picture here. The top line reads:
"The one concealing them," (i.e., the words of the scroll.)
Backward, it reads: "The One putting him to death," Hence, together it means:
"The One concealing the words of the scroll is also the One who put
Belshazzar to death."
- This 'sealed message' was prophesied to be fulfilled after "1290" and "1335 days" (Daniel 12:11-12), which, as
years, ended AD 2000---the year this code began to be opened, (Feb 4, 2000):
- I.e., the Babylonian empire (626 BC), + 1290 + 1335 years = AD 2000,
- Moreover, from the actual Writing on the Wall (and Babylon's fall) in the Autumn of
539 BC, until when this mene-tekel-code was published (i.e., 52 days before the fall
of the Twin Towers), there are seven years of years of the lunar calendar, (2539 years).
Recall that the previous chapter saw Nebachadnezzar driven mad for 7 years (2539 days),
then Daniel recounts that very incident to Belshazzar in chapter five of our code,
(Daniel 5:21). (See #17 for
further fulfillment of this code!)
- This 'sealed message' was to be opened "at the time of the end," (Daniel 8:17, 26; 12:9-12), when "knowledge and travel will be increased," such as we have today, (Daniel 12:4).
- The bible code identifies modern "China" as,
- an eastern land,
- known for its relegation of Christ's resurrection as myth,
- all this, 2500 years before the rise of communism!
This code was accompanied by great and fearful signs:
- Personal signs, such as the gift to speak in the Aramaic tongue---
the original language of Daniel 5---though never having learned it,
(1Cor. 12:10, cf., Isaiah 28:9-13).
- The Towers fell exactly
720,000 days (2000 years of
360 days) after
Pentecost AD 30, when the Spirit was poured out and they spoke in
unlearned tongues (Acts 2)---thereby reversing the Tower of Babel
effect (of Genesis 11).
Long after this document was written,
code was fulfilled clearly, explicitly, and numerically,
rather than obscurely, as in the case of the Twin Towers.
Nevertheless, its fulfillment in the Babylon/Iraq war was
only a prototype of that great battle of
Armageddon to come.
Hence, the code has yet future application of which
Saddam was just a token sign.)
- The code foretells the name, circumstances, and unbelief of him who discovered it---while
at the same time also correctly applying to the historical (doubting) "Thomas" of the New Testament.
- The word "Thomas" means "Twin;" hence, it hints at another beside the first "Thomas."
- This is mentioned only for the sake of grasping the validity of the code.
The code was discovered out of weakness, not strength;
nor did he set out to find himself in the codes---it just happened to be there.
- The word "Thomas" also hints at the "Twin Tower" tragedy that came less than
two months after the release of this code.
This would be coincidental, if it were not for the many
- The internal numeric of the bible code is so powerful that this alone stands as sufficient proof, in my mind, of its divine origin. The numeric work in five independent ways:
- ELS skips (e.g.,
6-6-6---i.e., the mark of the beast of Babylon.)
- Total value of the coins (e.g.
1260 x 2 gerahs---
i.e., the length of the kingdom of the beast.)
- The number of coins (e.g., "[two] coins, coin, and half-a-coin"---
i.e., the length of the kingdom of the beast, "time, [two] times, and half-a-time.")
- Gematria, i.e.,
letter value (e.g., equals 390, 430, 960---
i.e., the siege-lengths against Jerusalem, which foreshadowed Babylon's own demise.)
It was fulfilled following the biblical
1150 days (to Iraq war),
(to Saddam's sons death),
1290 (to New York blackout), and
1335 (to Rome blackout),
etc. Not only does the code indicate these events, but amazingly, this very same sequenceof biblical numbers was providentially the theme of our other website called,
"The Writing on the Wall," before I even knew that there was a numerical code within the words"mene-tekel-peres," in the writing on Babylon's palace wall! Also, the
exact day when the war began was also encoded! (And the death date of Saddam?)
(Update: This article, including the above in red, was written several years ago.
See update on Saddam's death. As it turned out, Saddam died
exactly 1260 + 1260 days after the code as suggested in the above! Note the above "value of the coins"!)
The mene-tekel code
thematically ties-in with the other codes declared at this site. And these were found in other books of the Bible, yet by the same individual. How is it, then, that the same consistent theme of
"the revealing of Jesus
Christ" keeps popping up? These pictograms also numerically overlap one another into
one composite message.
Note that all the picture-bible-codes at this site are common biblical symbols for 'revelation'---and specifically for "a
revelation of Jesus Christ," as depicted in the book of Revelation. Therefore, the
bible codes, properly understood, are simply interpreting this Book, which, in turn, is simply interpreting the rest of Scripture. And the theme of the book of Revelation is stated clearly at its opening verse: "The
revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him/Him to show His servants the things which must soon take place," (Revelation 1:1).
Also see Seven
Seals and Seven Codes
Saddam hangs on day predicted by Mene-Tekel Bible Code
(Response to an email. A fuller version is coming soon.)
(Dec. 30, 2006)
Bible Code Predictions
(My rant against
false predictions that people make
that cast doubt on those truly led by God!)
is the purpose of bible code pictograms?
Also see, Burning bush:
Bible Codes criterion
Recommended flash visual
introduction to this Bible Code
Also see, "What
about AD 2012?"
The symbolic Geneva Peace Treaty of Dec. 1,
World Trade Center
a Sign of the 2008 Collapse of World Trade
Also see, Names Bible Code:
An amazing prophecy
emerges when the meanings of all 70 names
from Adam to Jesus are sequentially read.
To home page
To full index